The Junior Ride-Along program at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Daytona International Speedway and Walt Disney World Speedway provides children, who are 6-13 years of age and at least 48 inches in height, the opportunity to experience real-life racing excitement while they ride shotgun with a professional driving instructor for three thrilling laps in a specially equipped two-seat NASCAR race car.
The Junior Ride-Along program is generally is offered between 9am to 4pm on days we are on track on a first come, first served basis.
- The drawing must be hand drawn with crayon, colored pencils or markers by a child (ages 6-13 years old and at least 48" tall). Parents, siblings or other's may not assist the child.
- Download the hood template by clicking here. The deadline to submit your drawing is May 31, 2013. For submission either scan and email to email@example.com with a subject line of Draw The King Contest; or mail the hard copy original to RPDE, Attn: Draw The King Contest, 6022 Victory Lane, Concord, NC 28027. If mailing please do not fold drawing.
- The winner will be notified by email, mail and/or telephone on or about June 14, 2013. NOTE: THE WINNER MUST BE ABLE TO SUBMIT THE HARD COPY OF THE DRAWING IF ORIGINALLY SENT ELECTRONICALLY. If the original WINNER cannot supply a hard copy, they will be disqualified and the second place drawing will become the WINNER.
- Entrants must be between the ages of 6 and 13 years old and at least 48"tall to enter. Participant must have parent or legal guardian consent.
- Entrants must be legal resident of the United States.
- One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of ten (10) Junior Ride-Alongs given at Charlotte Motor Speedway or Walt Disney World Speedway on a day that Richard Petty Driving Experience is operating and is mutually agreeable for the winner and RPDE. RPDE is not responsible for any travel or accommodation costs that the WINNER or any of other participants may incur to the event.
- Additional RPDE merchandise and offering, as well all federal and state taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of a prize is permitted except. In the event that a prize cannot be awarded for any reason or a winner is not capable of redeeming a prize for any reason, RPDE shall not be obligated to award any prize.
- RPDE grants a limited license to use our proprietary "Richard Petty", "The King" and “Richard Petty Driving Experience” text, logo and trademark to create a drawing. No other use of Petty Holdings, Richard Petty or RPDE trademark may be made for any purpose, and this limited right to use the trademark is granted solely and exclusively for use in conjunction with the Contest, and must only be used in full compliance with these Official Rules and for no other purpose.
- Drawings may not contain any inappropriate images or text, as determined in RPDE's sole discretion. Drawing that are deemed by RPDE to be inappropriate or infringe (or may infringe) on any copyright, trademark, logo or are in violation of these Official Rules, or are otherwise objectionable in RPDE's sole discretion will be disqualified.
- By submitting a drawing into the contest the entrant agrees that RPDE may use the piece (but is under no obligation to do so), in whole or part, online at www.drivepetty.com. Entrants assign RPDE all rights of ownership, reproduction, and use of drawings for advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or noncommercial purpose without compensation of further permission. By entering the Contest, each entrant waives any and all rights he or she may have to the drawing, including without limitation, any so called “moral rights” (droit Moral) now or hereafter recognized. To the extent entrant has any rights in the drawing, the entrant assigns all such rights to RPDE by entering the Contest.
- HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE. RPDE will reasonably attempt to notify Prize Winner via the address, telephone number(s), and/or e-mail address provided on the entry form. The Prize Winner may be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and, where lawful, a Liability/Publicity Release within ten (10) business days of receipt of notice of such winning status in order to accept and receive the prize. If the indicated forms are not signed and returned by the time indicated on the documents, or if a Prize Winner does not meet the eligibility criteria, declines the prize, cannot be contacted within the time frames set forth herein, or is otherwise unwilling or unable to comply with these Official Rules, an alternate Prize Winner may be selected at and in a manner to be determined in RPDE’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Children, 6 to 13 years of age and at least 48" tall, are invited to hand-draw (on the template provided) their version of legendary Richard Petty, 'The King' of NASCAR racing!
- The WINNER of the contest will get a Junior Ride-Along party for up to 10 Junior Riders and their drawing on the hood of our new Junior Ride-Along cars!
- To download the hood template click here, make sure to print out at 100% size.
- Make sure the drawing is hand drawn with either crayon, colored pencils or markers.
- Children with the child's parent or legal guardian's permission can submit their hood drawing via mail or email. Deadline for submission is May 31. If scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org the participant will need to retain the original drawn version so in the event she/he is the WINNER they can send the original in to be scanned to put on the car. If mailed, send unfolded to: Richard Petty Driving Experience, Attn: Draw The King, 6022 Victory Lane, Concord, NC 28027.
- The WINNER will be selected by a panel of RPDE judges and 'The King' himself. The WINNER will be the one that best represents The King with great style, flair and imagination!
- GENERAL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF CLAIMS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, each Entrant (for himself/herself and his/her heirs) hereby releases Richard Petty Driving Experience, Inc., and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, governors, employees, shareholders, and agents (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, loss, harm, damage, cost, expense, or claims including, but not limited to, third party claims based on: (i) publicity and/or privacy rights, defamation, and intellectual property associated with the Entrant or winner’s participation in the Promotion, redemption of any prize in connection with the Promotion, and/or use or misuse of any prize in connection with the Promotion, including, but not limited to, all reasonable counsel fees and court costs incurred, property damage, personal injury, and/or death; (ii) anything related to the production, promotion, or execution of the Contest (or participation therein), including preemption, cancellation, or rescheduling; and (iii) anything that may occur in connection with acceptance and/or use of the prizes or while participating in the Promotion, even if caused or contributed to by the negligence of Releasees. IN NO EVENT WILL RPDE OR ANY RELEASEE BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN, OR THE PRODUCTION, PROMOTION, OR ADMINISTRATION OF, THE PROMOTION, OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, OR NONUSE OF A PRIZE THAT MAY BE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- MISCELLANEOUS. By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and the decisions or interpretation of RPDE regarding the Rules, which are final and legally binding in all respects. Non-compliance with these Rules shall result in disqualification from the Contest. An individual is not a winner until he/she has fully complied with these Rules. Entrants hereby waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Rules. This Promotion will be administered in the State of North Carolina, and by participating, all Entrants hereby agree that the laws of the State of North Carolina will apply exclusively to the Promotion and that any dispute with respect to this Promotion will be resolved in either the federal or state courts located in the State of North Carolina.