Are you Richard Petty Driving Experience's #1 Fan? Show us! We want to see what makes you our biggest fan. Have you traveled across the country just to drive? Was this part of your Bucket List? Did you sell your own car just to drive one of ours?
Grab your video camera (and creativity) and put together a video (up to 2 minutes) showing us why you are Richard Petty Driving Experience's #1 Fan! Gather up photos of your Ride or Drive, pull out the video of your experience, and use anything else to showcase why you are an extreme fan.
Once your video has been put together, submit it to us (per the instructions to the right) and we will review it. If it's selected as one of our Top 10 favorites we will then post it on our Facebook Page for our other fans to see. The Top 3 videos (based on "likes") on November 18th will be judged by 'The King' himself, Richard Petty. The winner (selected by Richard Petty) will win a King's Driving Experience Private Class for themselves plus 3 of their friends. So start putting together your video and gathering your Facebook friends to "like" your video once it's been selected in the Top 10 on our Facebook Page, because Richard Petty didn't win 200 races by hesitating!
- The deadline to submit videos is October 31st . The deadline to "like" qualified videos is November 18th.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older
- Entrants must be legal resident of the United States
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or YouTube.
- RPDE grants a limited license to use our proprietary “Richard Petty Driving Experience” text, logo and trademark to create a Video. No other use of RPDE trademark may be made for any purpose, and this limited right to use the trademark is granted solely and exclusively for use in conjunction with the Video entry into the Contest, and must only be used in full compliance with these Official Rules and for no other purpose.
- Entrants may utilize and incorporate their ideas, language, content, images, text, graphics and/or other materials in the Video, however entrants must have exclusive rights over all aspects of the Video. Please note that any footage and any still images included in your Video may not come from any other source, such as a broadcast television show or Internet broadcast. Soundtracks may not contain any music unless created by you or by someone who has given you written permission to use his/her music.
- Videos may not contain obscene, lewd, sexually suggestive or inappropriate images or text including no nudity, crude language, offensive imagery, acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm, as determined in RPDE's sole discretion. Videos that are deemed by RPDE to be immoral, obscene, profane, defamatory or not in keeping with RPDE's image or contain any third party materials, or otherwise violate or infringe (or may infringe) on any copyright, trademark, logo or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased, or are in violation of these Official Rules, or are otherwise objectionable in RPDE's sole discretion will be disqualified.
- The video may not contain any content that is or may be perceived to be defamatory or that represents RPDE in a negative way or in any manner not consistent with RPDE’s brand and/or reputation as deemed solely by RPDE.
- The video cannot be dangerous or unsafe to make or produce, or include activities that are dangerous, unsafe, or present unreasonable risk of harm to person or property, or suggest or imply to any person to undertake any dangerous, unsafe or unduly risky activity as deemed solely by RPDE.
- The video may not include the likenesses of any identifiable persons other than the Entrant, unless written permission is obtained by the Entrant. ENTRANT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING PERMISSION TO USE THE PICTURE, IMAGE, VOICE AND/OR LIKENESS OF ANY THIRD PARTIES SHOWN IN THE VIDEO. Sponsor may request that any such third parties sign a waiver and release prior to the posting of the video on the Website or the granting of any prize.
- The video may not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations. Any video in violation of any of the above requirements and restrictions will be deemed void. By submitting a video in the Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants that these requirements have been met. Failure to satisfy these requirements, as determined in RPDE’s sole and absolute discretion, may result in ineligibility with respect to all videos submitted by or on behalf of that Entrant.
- By submitting a Video, the entrant agrees that RPDE may use the Video (but is under no obligation to do so), in whole or in part (as any Video may be edited in RPDE’s sole discretion), in television ads, at social media sites (i.e., Twitter and Facebook) and online at www.drivepetty.com. Entrants assign RPDE all rights of ownership, reproduction, and use of Videos for advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose whatsoever without compensation or further permission, including but not limited to an irrevocable and perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right, in all media (now known or later developed) to assign, use, publish, edit, adapt, modify, alter, reproduce, distribute, display, copyright, create derivative works, transfer or assign, or otherwise exploit Videos, for commercial or non-commercial use, and without compensation to the entrant. By entering the Contest, each entrant waives any and all rights he or she may have to the Video, including without limitation, any so called “moral rights” (droit Moral) now or hereafter recognized. To the extent entrant has any rights in the Video, the entrant assigns all such rights to RPDE by entering the Contest.
- In 2 minutes or less, put together a video showcasing why you are Richard Petty Driving Experience's #1 Fan.
- Go to http://ge.tt/ and upload your video. Once that site gives you your unique URL (example: http://ge.tt/855sAk5) copy and paste it in an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject of "Video Contest Submission". We will then download your video and enter it for review to become one of the Top 10 Favorites.
- If your video has been selected as a Top 10 Favorite, we will post it to our Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/richardpettydrivingexperience) and you and your friends will be elligible to "like" your video.
- The Top 3 videos with the most "likes" on November 18th will then have their videos judged by 'The King' himself, Richard Petty. The winner (selected by Richard Petty) will win a King's Driving Experience Private Class for themselves plus 3 of their friends, their video will be featured on the Richard Petty Driving Experience YouTube Channel (www.youtube.com/drivepetty), and the video will also be featured on the Richard Petty Driving Experience website (www.drivepetty.com).
- The winner will be notified by email, mail and/or telephone on or about December 5th.
- One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of a King's Driving Experience Private Class for the winner plus 3 of their friends at any racetrack that Richard Petty Driving Experience is operating at in 2012 (excluding Daytona International Speedway and Indianapolis Motor Speedway). Winner must book and participate in their experience by 12/31/12.
- All federal and state taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of a prize is permitted except. In the event that a prize cannot be awarded for any reason or a winner is not capable of redeeming a prize for any reason, RPDE shall not be obligated to award any prize.
- HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE. RPDE will reasonably attempt to notify Prize Winner via the address, telephone number(s), and/or e-mail address provided on the entry form. The Prize Winner may be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and, where lawful, a Liability/Publicity Release within ten (10) business days of receipt of notice of such winning status in order to accept and receive the prize. If the indicated forms are not signed and returned by the time indicated on the documents, or if a Prize Winner does not meet the eligibility criteria, declines the prize, cannot be contacted within the time frames set forth herein, or is otherwise unwilling or unable to comply with these Official Rules, an alternate Prize Winner may be selected at and in a manner to be determined in RPDE’s sole and absolute discretion.
- GENERAL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF CLAIMS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, each Entrant (for himself/herself and his/her heirs) hereby releases Richard Petty Driving Experience, Inc., and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, governors, employees, shareholders, and agents (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, loss, harm, damage, cost, expense, or claims including, but not limited to, third party claims based on: (i) publicity and/or privacy rights, defamation, and intellectual property associated with the Entrant or winner’s participation in the Promotion, redemption of any prize in connection with the Promotion, and/or use or misuse of any prize in connection with the Promotion, including, but not limited to, all reasonable counsel fees and court costs incurred, property damage, personal injury, and/or death; (ii) anything related to the production, promotion, or execution of the Contest (or participation therein), including preemption, cancellation, or rescheduling; and (iii) anything that may occur in connection with acceptance and/or use of the prizes or while participating in the Promotion, even if caused or contributed to by the negligence of Releasees. IN NO EVENT WILL RPDE OR ANY RELEASEE BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN, OR THE PRODUCTION, PROMOTION, OR ADMINISTRATION OF, THE PROMOTION, OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, OR NONUSE OF A PRIZE THAT MAY BE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- MISCELLANEOUS. By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and the decisions or interpretation of RPDE regarding the Rules, which are final and legally binding in all respects. Non-compliance with these Rules shall result in disqualification from the Contest. An individual is not a winner until he/she has fully complied with these Rules. Entrants hereby waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Rules. This Promotion will be administered in the State of North Carolina, and by participating, all Entrants hereby agree that the laws of the State of North Carolina will apply exclusively to the Promotion and that any dispute with respect to this Promotion will be resolved in either the federal or state courts located in the State of North Carolina.
Free Sweepstakes and Contests